Dark Horse Comics Solicitations For October 2 , 2013
CATALYST COMIX #4
Dark Horse wants you to party hard! That’s why you’re invited on a galactic date with Amazing Grace! To the dance club with the Agents of Change! And on a superactivist world tour with Frank “Titan” Wells! Once again, Catalyst delivers all the super those other comics can’t handle!
* Masterminded by Joe Casey (Sex, Gødland)!
* Wraparound cover by Rafael Grampá (Mesmo Delivery)!
* Artists Dan McDaid (Doctor Who), Ulises Farinas (Gamma), and Paul Maybury (Aqua Leung)!
“Ulises Farinas draws in the neo-Moebius style with an incredible level of detail and imagination . . . We expect him to be a superstar.”—Comics Beat
GRINDHOUSE: DOORS OPEN AT MIDNIGHT #1 (FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA COVER)
Literature: overrated. Morality: expendable. Tonight is right for some over-the-top sex and violence! Bringing the flavor of midnight exploitation flicks to comics, Grindhouse delivers four two-issue gore operas, starting with “Bee Vixens from Mars,” pitting a one-eyed southern Latina deputy against lusty alien chicks bent on laying eggs in the entire male population!
* Covers by superstar artists Francesco Francavilla and Coop!
* First issue in a brand-new series of B-movie masterpieces!
* Eisner nominee Alex de Campi (Smoke, Ashes) is a writer to watch in 2013!
* Future arcs feature art from Simon Fraser (2000 AD), Federica Manfredi (True Blood, Hack/Slash), and Gary Erskine (The Mask)!
THE OCCULTIST #1 (STEVE MORRIS COVER)
An evil witch doctor needs the book of spells known as the Sword to reject the Occultist. He needs the weapon itself to decide that he is a bad host in the ongoing war against the realm of the dead. The solution lies in a Catholic schoolgirl who dabbles in death for a quick high.
* Art by Mike Norton (Battlepug, The Answer!, Revival).
* Written by Hack/Slash creator Tim Seeley!
* Variant cover by Eisner winner Paolo Rivera.
“The Occultist is a comic you should be checking out.”—Comic Book Resources
THE STAR WARS #2 (NICK RUNGE COVER)
The Empire is poised for an attack on the peaceful world of Aquilae, and only Jedi General Luke Skywalker seems concerned. When King Kayos is killed, Jedi in training Annikin Starkiller is ordered to find Princess Leia, while Skywalker sends his only squadron against the Empire’s powerful new battle station!
* Official eight-issue adaptation of George Lucas’s original rough-draft screenplay for Star Wars!
TRADES – TRADES – TRADES
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SEASON 9 VOLUME 4: WELCOME TO THE TEAM TPB
Buffy is unwillingly recruited by the demon Illyria and a mystical council to take down the Siphon—for good. He is on the loose again, and a danger to all remnants of magic! Meanwhile, back home the loss of magic has begun to affect those closest to Buffy . . . Collect issues #16-#20 of Season 9.
* Executive produced by Joss Whedon!
* Andrew Chambliss of television’s The Vampire Diariesand Once Upon a Time!
STAR WARS OMNIBUS: WILD SPACE VOLUME 2 TPB
A second omnibus filled with rare Star Wars gems! Get your adventure on with Jabba the Hutt, Han Solo, and Lando Calrissian, and stomp on Star Wars with Mark Evanier and Sergio Aragonés! Plus, unreal tales from the concept artists behind Episode III, and podracing fun with young Anakin Skywalker!
* Many never-before-collected stories!
* A look at the lighter side of the Force!
In a shattered future London, three brothers grafted to powerful “lifesuits” squat in Buckingham Palace and load up on movies, video games, and porn. But when the city’s scavengers rise against them, the brothers discover their suits aren’t just for survival. Will they save the future . . . or bollocks it? Includes UXB stories from Dark Horse Presents, and loads of never-before-seen story material.
* A dark, dystopian, post-apocalyptic tale.
“Amazing art and witty dialog.” —BAMFAS
Declan Thomas is an ex-inmate of an insane asylum that was destroyed in a fire, he has the strange ability to step inside a person’s madness—and sometimes cure it. He hopes to one day cure his own, but time is running out, as a demonic predator pursues him. Collects the five-issue miniseries.
* From the Eisner nominated writer of Bandette.
“Ferreyra has superstar written all over him and the words are written in blood. Visually, this book is leaps and bounds above 99% of the other books on the stands.” — IGN
CREEPY ARCHIVES VOLUME 17 HC
Alex Toth, Al Williamson, Wally Wood, John Severin, Russ Heath, and Bernie Wrightson construct weird and wonderful stories, steeped in supernatural dread and nuclear paranoia, populated by tragic characters, and riddled with deadly, ironic twists. This volume also features an interview between comics historian S.C. Ringgenberg and cover artist extraordinaire Ken Kelly! Collecting issues #78 to #83 of Creepy.
* Contains original stories written and drawn by Alex Toth!
* Featuring “In Deep,” Richard Corben’s devastating full-color tale of survival at sea.
MIND MGMT VOLUME 2: THE FUTURIST HC
We’ve learned some of the secrets of Henry Lyme; now get ready to meet the rest of Mind Management! With the remains of the Management attempting to reform and hot on Lyme’s tail, the former spy is forced to seek help from other defectors around the globe, including the deadly Futurist, Duncan! Meanwhile, losing her memory has barely slowed journalist Meru down, as an attempt on her life puts her back on the hunt for Mind Management—and on a collision course with the terrible truths Lyme has hidden from her! Collecting MIND MGMT #7–#12, plus stories from Dark Horse Presents and i09!
* Foreword by Scott Snyder (Batman, American Vampire)!
* Matt Kindt’s (JLA, 3 Story) game-changing series ups the stakes!
STAR WARS: EWOKS—SHADOWS OF ENDOR TPB
Until now, the Ewoks had been able to ignore the arrival of the Empire’s stormtroopers on Endor. But when they discover their rivals, the Duloks, have been enslaved and a legendary beast has been awakened, the Ewoks realize they may have to prepare for war—as soon as they figure out how to survive the beast!
* Leads directly into the events of Return of the Jedi!
* Ties into the beloved Ewoks TV series and movies!
THE CHRONICLES OF KING CONAN VOLUME 6: A DEATH IN STYGIA AND OTHER STORIES TPB
“The queen is troubled.” After the loss of the barbarian king’s son, Conan’s dark mood draws him further each day from his kingdom and his beloved queen. Can twenty years of regal life quell Conan’s savage nature, or will he abandon hearth and home for the call of the wild? CollectsConan the King issues#26-#30.
* Featuring early work of superstar artist Marc Silvestri.